SCOTTS VALLEY, Calif., Sept. 5, 2007
- CodeGear, a leader in developer tools, today announced CodeGear RAD Studio 2007
, a new version of the award-winning rapid application development (RAD) environment for Microsoft® Windows. The new offering is designed to help developers more quickly and cost effectively build rich database-driven Windows and Web applications. Previously code-named "Highlander," CodeGear RAD Studio delivers Delphi® for Win32®, C++Builder® and new Delphi .NET 2.0 development in a single integrated environment. It is the only integrated development environment (IDE) solution that supports rapid application development of both native Microsoft Windows and .NET applications on and for Microsoft Windows 2000, XP, and Vista. This allows developers to build Web, client/server and desktop Windows applications on all three platforms, and to deploy to any of the three. "CodeGear RAD Studio gives developers the flexibility to use the operating system that best suits their needs, while developing for multiple Windows operating systems, including Windows Vista, and the Web," said Nick Hodges, Delphi Product Manager at CodeGear. New features and capabilities include:
- Enhanced Delphi support for the Microsoft Vista Aero user interface - including themed applications, Visual Component Library (VCL) and VCL.NET support for 3D user interface effects and animations, transparent glassing, File and Task Dialog components. VCL is CodeGear's visual, component-based framework for Windows.
- Delphi language support for Microsoft .NET 2.0 (compatible with .NET 3.0) and ASP.NET 2.0 development. ASP.NET is a set of technologies in the .NET framework for building Web applications and XML Web services.
- Delphi for .NET support for parameterized types, which enables Delphi for .NET developers to create and consume classes in a type-safe way using any type of data structure as parameters.
- Blackfish™ SQL - a fully .NET-managed code, SQL-compliant database engine and server from CodeGear that provides easy XCopy deployment, transaction support and .NET language Triggers and Stored Procedures (Delphi, C#, and Visual Basic.NET).
- Enterprise Core Objects (ECO) IV, a powerful .NET Model-Driven Development (MDD) framework for .NET 2.0. ECO enables developers to use visual diagrams to build objects and object relationships and interaction logic, and then automatically creates and maintains the Microsoft ADO.NET database infrastructure and data-to-presentation interfaces leaving business logic and presentation layout to the developer.
- Updated dbExpress 4 database architecture with support for ADO.NET 2.0. dbExpress 4 is a single-source, native Windows and managed code ADO.NET database infrastructure from CodeGear that streamlines desktop and client/server database application development and connectivity.
"Just as the Windows platform, PC hardware and the Web are continually evolving, CodeGear's Delphi and C++ products are also evolving to help developers take advantage of these changes, creating new opportunities for both ISVs and client/server developers building database-driven applications," said Hodges. "CodeGear RAD Studio 2007 comes packed with new features for developers interested in high-performance Windows applications with rich GUI requirements, database application development, business Web application development, and making the most of PC hardware and Windows operating system advances."
U.S. Pricing and Availability
CodeGear RAD Studio 2007 will be available this month in English, German, French and Japanese. The Professional edition is $1199 for new users, with special upgrade pricing of $549 for customers using earlier versions of Borland Developer Studio, Delphi, C++Builder or Turbo Professional products. The Enterprise edition is $2499 for new users and $1699 for customers upgrading from earlier versions of Borland Developer Studio, Delphi, C++Builder Enterprise or Professional. The Architect edition is $3299 for new users, $2499 for customers upgrading from earlier versions of Borland Developer Studio, Delphi, or C++Builder Enterprise or Architect editions.
The new offering is part of a family of products from CodeGear that includes Delphi, C++Builder, Delphi for PHP, InterBase, JBuilder, and a new Ruby on Rails IDE that is planned to be available in the second half of 2007. For more information on CodeGear RAD Studio 2007, visit http://www.codegear.com/products/radstudio/
CodeGear from Borland Software Corporation (NASDAQ: BORL) delivers innovative, high-productivity development tools for a wide spectrum of software developers ranging from individuals to enterprise teams. CodeGear products enable developers to freely develop on their platform of choice while focusing on simplifying complex technologies and tasks so they can concentrate on application design, not infrastructure, to enable on-time project delivery. To learn more about CodeGear and its products, visit www.codegear.com. CodeGear. Where Developers Matter.
CodeGear, JGear, JBuilder, LiveSource, TeamInsight, C++Builder, InterBase, Delphi, and all other CodeGear brand and product names are service marks, trademarks or registered trademarks of Borland Software Corporation or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries. Microsoft, Windows, and all other Microsoft brand and product names are service marks, trademarks or registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries. Mac OS is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. RedHat is a trademark of RedHat, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.
Safe Harbor Statement:
This release contains "forward-looking statements" as defined under the U.S. Federal Securities Laws, including the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 and is subject to the safe harbors created by such laws. Forward-looking statements may relate to, but are not limited to, the features available in, and the potential benefits to be derived from, CodeGear products and solutions, and the release dates, plans and market acceptance of such products and solutions, including the CodeGear JGear product line. Such forward-looking statements are based on current expectations that involve a number of uncertainties and risks that may cause actual events or results to differ materially. Factors that could cause actual events or results to differ materially include, among others, the following: rapid technological change that can adversely affect the demand for CodeGear products, shifts in customer demand, shifts in strategic relationships, delays in CodeGear's ability to deliver its products and services, software errors or announcements by competitors. These and other risks may be detailed from time to time in Borland Software Corporation periodic reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including, but not limited to, its latest Annual Report on Form 10-K and its latest Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q, copies of which may be obtained from www.sec.gov. Borland is under no obligation to (and expressly disclaims any such obligation to) update or alter its forward-looking statements whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise. Information contained in our website is not incorporated by reference in, or made part of this press release.